Saturday 13 April. Estimated start time: 1215. See full schedule.
The race will start and finish in front of the main competition area, within Waitangi Holiday Park. The race will take place entirely within the sheltered confines of the Waitangi inlet, and will thus be suitable for all levels of paddleboarder.
Unless weather or environmental conditions make it impossible, the course will essentially be a race up to Haruru Falls and back, as shown below.
The initial dog leg to the north side of the inlet is to bring the fleet in close to the shore at a good observational point for photography and videography purposes, and to ensure that the full 8km distance is achieved.
There will be the opportunity to exit the race at Haruru Falls, if necessary.
Classes & Prizes
Prizes will be awarded for top three male & female finishers in the following age categories:
- U12 (12’6 and under class)
- U14 (12’6 and under class)
- U16 (12’6 and under class)
- U19 (14’0 and under class)
- 20-39 (14’0 and under class)
- 40-49 (14’0 and under class)
- 50-59 (14’0 and under class)
- 60-69 (14’0 and under class)
- 70 and over (14’0 and under class)