Wondering where to stay? Here’s a quick guide to some options:
AT THE EVENT SITE: The event venue Waitangi Holiday Park has powered and non powered camping/van sites, and four cabins.
Close by, well within walking distance are a number of other rental houses, such as these
The fabulous 4* Copthorne Hotel is just 5 minutes walk or paddle away (on the other side of the bridge), and will be hosting the Saturday night social event. They will be offering special rates for competitors, so if you want the luxury and creature comforts of a very nice waterfront hotel (with the Waitangi reef just offshore perfect for a SUP surf if there’s a E/NE swell running) then here’s your perfect option. Check out these amazing rates! Just quote reference code 6998662 to get the discount when you book.
- Standard garden view single $110 room only, $130 B&B
- Standard garden view double/twin $130 room only, $150 B&B
- Standard garden view family room $130 room only, $150 B&B
- Superior harbour view single $135 room only, $155 B&B
- Superior harbour view double/twin $155 room only, $175 B&B
- Superior Plus sea view single $170 room only, $190 B&B
- Superior Plus sea view double/twin $190 room only, $210 B&B
- Water view Suite single 210 room only, $230 B&B
- Water view Suite double 230 room only, $250 B&B
A little bit further than walking distance:
Close by is the holiday town of Paihia, with accommodation options of every type.
The Edelweiss Motel in Paihia has a wide range of accommodation available on the weekend still and some great family rooms. Also a year round heated pool and spa. More info at www.edelweissmotel.co.nz